Family Track at Harbor PBL
Empowering the church to be a voice of wisdom in relationships, marriages, and families.
May 2-5, 2023
The Boone Center for the Family at Pepperdine is a relationship training and resource center. Focusing on the relational and spiritual development of young adults, married couples, and individuals, the Boone Center oﬀers specialized programming for young adults, professionals, and communities of faith to strengthen their own relationships and impact the lives of those they serve.
The Boone Center for the Family will offer four lectures and one workshop at Harbor 2023:
- Wednesday, May 3 at 9-9:50am: Dr. Mary Poplin, Professor Emerita in the School of Educational Studies at Claremont Graduate University, will present on "Good People vs. God People."
- Wednesday, May 3 at 10-10:50am, Dr. Dee Dee Mayer, Boone Center's RelateStrong Director, will present on "Sustained Flourishing in Ministry for the Long Haul."
- Thursday, May 4 at 9-9:50am, Dr. Kelly Haer, Boone Center for the Family's Executive Director, will present on "Lamenting Date-Onomics."
- Thursday, May 4 at 10-10:50am, Dori Lansbach, Boone Center's Relationship IQ Assistant, will present on "Navigating Romantic Relationships in a Broken World."
- Thursday, May 4 at 2-4:15pm, Dr. Dee Dee Mayer, Boone Center's RelateStrong Director, and Sharon Hargrave, RelateStrong Founder, will lead a workshop on "Hope and Help for Anxiety."
All lectures and workshop will take place in Plaza Classroom 190.
If you would like to learn more about Harbor 2023: The Pepperdine Bible Lectures, please follow the link below. In the meantime, The Office of Church Relations has a resource library of video and audio sessions from previous years that can be of some help to your church family as remote sermons or Bible classes.